In 2010, The Anchor hosted a Weekend Marriage Getaway. The lessons (Powerpoint Slides) and associated homework/activities are below. This is meant to be studied as a couple, but any individual will gain from personal study.
God’s Purpose in Marriage
In this lesson, you will study: 1) the origin of marriage; 2) the source of marital problems; 3) the source of marital solutions; and 4) embracing the vision God has for marriage.
Download: Lesson (2,201 KB)
The following activities/homework is used with the lesson, “God’s Purpose in Marriage” and are referred to within the lesson.
- The Origin of Our Marriage: Activity (344 KB)
- Log List – Men’s Problem Areas: Homework (311 KB)
- Log List – Women’s Problem Areas: Homework (313 KB)
- Log List Part 2 – Taking it to the Next Level: Homework (264 KB)
- The Mountain and the Moon-Lit Valley – Biographical Sketch by Bro. Brian Johnson: Article (273 KB)
Communication & Forgiveness
In this lesson, you will study: 1) why study communication and forgiveness; 2) attitudes of communication; 3) four rules of communication; and 4) forgiving and being forgiven.
Download: Lesson (2,835 KB)
The following activities/homework is used with the lesson, “Communication & Forgiveness” and are referred to within the lesson.
- Listening Self-Assessment: Activity (351 KB)
- 25 Questions: Activity (269 KB)
- Communication Inventory: Homework (283 KB)
- Communication Action Plan: Homework (357 KB)
- Log List Part 3 – Bringing it Home: Activity (358 KB)
- Conference Table: Activity (278 KB)
- 4 Rules of Communication: Flyer (191 KB)
Change & Growth in Marriage
In this lesson, you will study: 1) recognizing the necessity for change; 2) identifying our goal for change; 3) learning how to become an instrument of change; and 4) understanding the consequences of failure.
Download: Lesson (1,630 KB)
There are no homework lessons or activities associated with this lesson.