The Anchor completed the lesson on the transmission of the Old and New Testament texts in the myBible series. The newest books of Scripture are almost 2,000 years old; the most ancient are around 3,500 years old. Needless to say, the original manuscripts of the Bible do not exist. All that we have today are copies of copies. Yet God has preserved His Word for us. The process of the preservation of God’s Word is the study of the transmission of the Bible.
In this lesson we looked at how the Old Testament and New Testament were copied and transmitted, leading up to the translations we have today. This study builds a foundation for our upcoming study, the English Translations of the Bible. This lesson is now posted on the myBible page.
The myBible series is divided into five broad topics:
- Structure & Organization of the Bible – Completed and posted
- Inspiration of the Bible – Completed and posted
- Canonization of the Bible – Completed and posted
- Transmission of the Bible – Completed and posted
- Translation of the Bible (Why are there so many translations? Which ones are good?)
Check out the myBible page to download the new lesson on Inspiration. Better yet, come visit us on Thursday nights at 6:30 pm to join us in the series and the current lesson on the Canonization of the Bible. We would love to have you join us. Check out The Anchor’s website for more information.